Australian Open champion Aryna Sabalenka announced she has withdrawn from next week's Charleston Open in South Carolina after sustaining an injury during the Miami Open.
Sabalenka, ranked No. 2 in the world, didn't reveal the nature of the injury. One report said she sustained a groin injury.
"Sad to announce that I have to withdraw from Charleston!" Sabalenka said on social media. "I picked up an injury during one of my matches in Miami and I need time to rest and heal. I'm so sorry to the tournament and the fans. I was really looking forward to being back and playing in front of you all!"
Sabalenka, from Belarus, was upset by Romania's Sorana Cirstea 6-4, 6-4 in the quarterfinals in Miami on Wednesday.
Earlier this month, she advanced to the final at Indian Wells before losing to Elena Rybakina of Kazakhstan.
--Field Level Media